ADVERTISEMENT

Sloppy Football!

SplitTformation

Retired Number
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2002
Kansas City, MO
After watching two weeks of NFL and college football games I am convinced that this will be the sloppiest year we have seen in football in a long time. Players just seem out of shape, technically unsound and even lackluster. I realize the lack of crowds has some affect but moreso, I think the lack of spring and summer practices/camps/preseason games, etc. are going to lead to some really bad football. It will probably take another 3-4 weeks before we see the level of play we saw last year. That is if everyone stays healthy (COVID or injuries).

I also think there will be a record amount of injuries this season. After watching games today, including the Super Bowl Champion Chiefs' game, I was really surprised how many dropped passes, missed tackles, bad throws and general sloppy play there was. Players were gassed today. There were also a lot of mental mistakes. I worry that many players aren't in good "football shape". You can just tell by the way they block, tackle, etc. that they aren't at the level they normally would be after knocking heads in pre-season or camp. I'm sure COVID has taken its toll on many players who may have had it in the past. Can't prove that but can see evidence that the quality of play or lack thereof is a result of poor prep. That's nobody's fault. I just hope there isn't a rash of injuries that result in ending players' seasons or careers (NFL or college).

Regardless of the play, I still love it!

Reactions: Corvettefever
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News