Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
First rule of the Chamber: Keep it here. Guys, I know this seems petty and many don’t take it seriously. But I’m telling you, it hurts both the value of your subscription and the job Brian and I are trying to do if this stuff gets spread around. Even something so innocent as going to another message board and saying, “So, I heard Missouri offered so and so…” I know it seems like nothing to a lot of you, but Brian and I work our tails off and have developed sources over months and years to get all this information. It is very discouraging to us to have it simply handed out to others who don’t pay for it shortly after we give it to you. We understand things are going to get out eventually, but when our information is constantly dispersed to different places on the Internet (particularly sites that are free and accessible to anyone) it makes it tougher for us to get information and it makes us more hesitant to pass on everything we have. Thanks for your respect in this matter.

Now, on to the info:

It has been a LONG time since we’ve been able to say this, but honestly, things are kind of slow right now. It’s just that time of year where there really aren’t any visitors. The early offers have, for a large part, gone out and those will slow down until May/June when coaches are out in evaluation periods, camps, etc. However, it doesn’t mean things have stopped.

Here are some new names we’ve been told Mizzou is after. At this point, it’s tough to judge the level of interest on either side, but they are names to put on your radar:

Craig Roh, a defensive end out of Arizona. Yet another example that Missouri is expanding its recruiting base this year. We now know of prospects getting looks in Arizona, Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Texas and Missouri--and that’s just off the top of my head. Anyway, Roh has offers from Miami, Oklahoma, Arizona, Arizona State, Stanford and Oregon State. At 6-foot-5, 230 and a GPA over 4.0, that’s not a surprise. Again, I’m not sure the Tigers are a major player here, but it’s a name to watch.

Josh Gordon, a 6-foot-5 receiver out of Houston Lamar. He has picked up offers from Houston, Arizona and A&M. He caught 19 passes for 363 yards a season ago. He’s certainly got the frame. Just another name to add to the list.

You already know the name Kenric McNeal. I don’t want to spoil Brian’s story that will go up on Friday afternoon, but the athlete from Texas is very, very interested in the Tigers. Hammer will also have a story coming on Gabe Lynn and his interest in Mizzou.

With things at a slower pace right now, I thought this would be a good time to take a look at our top 15 in state and see what is going on with each kid. I‘ve omitted the committed players:

Ronnie Wingo: This one won’t end early. But I’m fairly certain, despite the fact he’ll have plenty of opportunities to go elsewhere, that it’s going to be Missouri or Illinois.

Nathan Scheelhaase: Again, this one is going to take a while. The best weapon for the Tigers will be the fact that by the time Scheelhaase is committed, Mizzou might already have its best in-state class in years pretty much committed.

Darris Ford: I’ve developed a pretty decent relationship with Ford. He always answers my texts. He tells me the Tigers have dad in their corner and something could happen this spring.

Montee Ball: A perfect example why you don’t get stressed out about who you know Mizzou is recruiting in January. Three weeks ago, most fans had Ball already headed elsewhere. From what I’m hearing, I’d probably term him a Missouri lean at this point. I would not rule out a commitment before the summer. Not saying it is going to happen, just saying I think it’s a possibility.

T.J. Moe: I’d be very, very surprised if he wasn’t a Tiger. He may stretch it out for a little while, but I don’t imagine it lasts that long.

Bryant Allen: It’s still going to come down to whether he wants to play football or basketball. If he chooses football, the Tigers are in good shape. And I’m hearing that the hoops staff is more and more intrigued.

Tyler Evans: Toughest one for me to read in the state. Missouri has a shot certainly, but I just don’t know where to put those chances.

Jack Meiners: If I had to put money on the next commit it would be either Meiners or…

Andrew Wilson: I think there’s a pretty good shot Wilson is on board by the start of spring ball.

That’s it for the players Missouri has offered. The only other guy I think could possibly get an early offer would be Jordan Webb from Union. Missouri is very interested and it is my gut feeling they offer Webb eventually. The question is will they do it in the spring or wait to see what he does as a senior in the fall?

Let’s do a quick hoops run-through;

At this point, I’d say there are probably four guys that are on the “top line” to fill the three scholarships. The goal would be to land three out of DeMarcus Cousins, Mike Dixon, Fred Gulley and Michael Snaer. Now, obviously if you miss on Cousins, I think it’s tough to take three guards. You probably need to look at another big man. Next week, before spring ball, I’ll be putting in calls to a number of guys that we know Missouri has interest in, but are not on that list of four above.

Finally, a quick rundown of Tiger prospects (football or basketball) still alive in the state basketball playoffs:

Class 5

Sheldon Richardson and Gateway Tech face Webster Groves at 7:45 p.m. on Saturday. The winner advances to Columbia.

Steve Moore and Truman face Aldon Smith and Raytown at 9:15 Saturday with the winner facing the Gateway-Webster winner.

Class 3

Bryant Allen’s Maplewood team faced Metro on Thursday night. I’m not sure the winner, but if it’s Maplewood, they play the winner of Hancock and John Burroughs on Friday night.

Strafford plays Spokane tonight. Got to assume that involves Tyler Evans, but I’ll be honest, I’m not sure.

Marcus Denmon leads Hogan Prep against Pembroke Hill on Friday night at 6 for the district 14 title.

If any Tiger prospects make it to Columbia, I’ll be at the state games to provide some coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News