ADVERTISEMENT

NEW STORY ****17 YEARS OF TURMOIL, PART 1****

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Here is the first of a four-part series I'm doing this week on how we went from where Missouri basketball was at the end of Norm's career to where we are today:

https://missouri.n.rivals.com/news/hoops-history-17-years-of-turmoil

Thought it was worth explaining why I did this series. First, the last 17 years of Missouri basketball have had some amazing storylines. A lot of them negative, but there has been a fair amount of good as well. So I wanted to look at all of it.

A lot of this is rehashed information, obviously. Some people on here will read this and already know every bit of it. Some will read and learn some new things, I hope. Some will say, "Why are you making us read about this crap again?" and that's your right, I suppose. But I thought it was good to put it all in one place where everyone can look at all the things that have happened over the last 17 years to kind of see exactly what has led to the program sitting where it does today.

I tried to simply go on fact-based information and lay it all out. The closing couple of paragraphs in each section will have a little bit of opinion as kind of a wrap-up, but I didn't set out writing this to either absolve anyone of blame or cast it on anyone in particular. I simply wrote it to put all the information out there for you guys and you can draw whatever conclusions you would like from the information presented.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.