ADVERTISEMENT

1998 football game vs KSU

tigers68

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2001

I happened to stumble across this game on YouTube. I attended this game almost 18 years ago, and never got to see the broadcast until today. Man, I had forgotten how much of a hard fought game this was. Some thoughts...

1. Mizzou was a football version of the boxer Mickey Ward in this game. KSU kept delivering big blow after big blow..and just when you thought Mizzou was done, BAM! A huge play brought them back into the game.
  2. Kareem Wise was clearly out of bounds on that TD catch, Mizzou caught a break there.
  3. KSU had NO answer for John Dausman. He just abused Jeremetrious Butler all game long.
  4. How deep was KSU at runningback? Frank Murphy was third string. Sheezus!
  5. Speaking of Frank Murphy, KSU was completely lucky he managed to recover his own fumble in the end zone.
  6. The holding call on Chris Meredith on 4th and goal where Corby Jones scored a touchdown, was complete and total horse****. That would've brought Mizzou within two and all they needed was a FG to win.
  7. I forgot what a rocket Michael Bishop had. Wow.
  8. This game was EXTREMELY chippy. Lots of pushing, shoving and trash talking after the whistle on both sides.
  9. Martin Gramatica had/has a VERY punchable face.
  10. Old Balls Snyder sucked at clock management back then...still does today. KSU was sloppy...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.