ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING 2022 Perfect Class V7.0 Points Calculation

KCedarTiger

Letterman
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2020
Kansas City, Missouri
I plugged in the 2022 Perfect Class V7.0 to see how it would stack up in team rankings.

**The names/numbers are in black if the recruit has verbally committed and the names/numbers are in red if the recruit has not verbally committed.

2078 points would be good enough for 15th in the nation (6th in the SEC) in 2021, and 18th in the nation (8th in the SEC) in 2020.

With the early signing period just around the corner, I think it's fair to start looking at where it'll land in 2022. This class is currently at 17th in the nation, but there are schools above Missouri that while they have more points, they have a lower average star rating. Schools on that list include: Michigan State, Stanford, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Texas. Of those schools, I think it's reasonable to think Missouri will be able to pass Michigan State, Stanford, and maybe Arkansas or Kentucky. Texas will likely finish in front of them.

LSU is also a few spots behind Missouri right now, but have a higher star rating. I think it's reasonable to assume LSU passes Missouri before this class is over.

So, taking those into account, let's say Missouri passes 3 of the 5 schools ahead of them with a lower avg. star and that LSU passes them. That would land Missouri at the 15th class in the nation and 5th or 6th in the SEC.

That would be a great step in stacking classes. If Drinkwitz can live in the top 20 nationally and in the top half in the SEC, we'll see the baseline talent at this school rise to a place it has never been consistently. If this perfect class signs, it would include 10 4/5 star players which, at least personally, is way better than what I was hoping for when Drinkwitz was hired.

Like Gabe has mentioned, this program isn't where we want it to be, but with these last two classes, and what appears to be a bright future in the 2023 class with Missouri being in great position with multiple 4 star players around the state, there is reason for hope. Great time to be a Mizzou fan, can't wait to see Drinkwitz finish this class out and hit the portal hard. MIZ

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.