ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Volleyball Thread

JimmerSalsa

Redshirting
Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Meant to start a thread earlier. I started to write down my preseason thoughts a few weeks ago but real life got the better of me. Just got back from vacation as the first game of the season was ending. I didn't see the game but saw the stat sheet. I have some thoughts and questions.
  1. Can anyone who saw the game chime in on the setter situation? Looks like Crownover and White got the majority of our assists. Dudley, who started almost all year last year, got 2.. Wasn't sure if she is injured or if we're seeing what else we have. Iliff had 10 digs, so I assume we still ran a 5-1? But I can't be sure.
  2. Small sample size BUT my hopes are so high on Mychael Vernon. Can she propel us to the next level? Time will tell.
  3. Looks like transfer MB Haith got the nod over Isenberg. MB is a position we need more production out of and the stats from this game don't encourage me.
  4. None of our freshmen played. Not necessarily surprising since we returned so many contributors, just noting that.
I won't be able to watch the games, since I don't have FloVolleyball but will start trying to tune in when they're on ESPN+ next weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.