ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Absurd Assumptions Week 2 vs Buffalo

Carnell75

All-American
Gold Member
May 19, 2019
Indianapolis, IN - Westside
Each week I take a look at the potential outcomes of the upcoming game on an absurd level. Last week was an odd circumstance with our opponents lacking information to pull from

1. Mizzou is 2-0 to end week 2. Not the most absurd assumption I have ever made. It is necessary for Mizzou to have a place within the CFP though. So I went ahead and got it out the way.

2. This week will challenge Mizzou's defense with its Achilles heel a mobile QB and a strong rushing attack. I look for our LBs and Safeties to look like machines this week. Hurries and sacks will be the soup of the day. I believe defensively that we speed up the clock to shorten the game.

3. The Mizzou Defense will register 5 sacks and 8 TFLs because of Buffalo's QB led rushing attack. This is going to give a boost to the front 7 Defensive domination in game 2 of the season.

4. Lack of information on this cobbled together secondary leads me to believe Peeler will target LB3 early to break the career receiving record that I believe LB3 only needs 1192 to over take. Additionally, with his first 2300yds Brady Cook will be third in career passing behind Chase Daniels and Drew Lock. I believe these are two goals offensively the team wants to achieve.
Brady gets his first 300yds passing game of 2024 Saturday!

5. Okay, at least 3 different rushers will score and 4 different receivers will find the endzone this week. At least one defender will score as well.

6. I think Buffalo has over 125yds but Mizzou scores more than the 51 pts scored in week 1..

7. I believe the one area that we may struggle in is sacks. This may require some blitzing to get the desired effect. THat means the leader will not be from the D-line as commonly is the case.

8. These first two games have been tougher than usual coming up with assumptions but Saturday will mark LB3 getting his first 100yd receiving game of the new season

9. Your 2-0 Mizzou Tigers stay undefeated and in the hunt for a birth in the CFP!

As per usual this is for enjoyment and promoting conversation around the team. The opinions are mine and mine alone. Please enjoy and let the commenting begin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.