ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Barry Odom on SEC Teleconference

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
on Greg Brown: "I've known Greg for a long time and we got the opp to work together last year...Very very knowledgeable. He is a great coach in the meeting room, but then that translates also over to the field. He's a really, really good teacher and a great motivator. There's not really anything you can throw at him or talk to him about that he hasn't seen before."

on the OL: Pendleton and Howell are healthy. Last couple weeks they've wanted to play some other guys on the line. Working to get the right five, but have seven or eight who are game ready and can play.

on the DL: They've done some really good things. Playing a lot of young guys. Overall have been inconsistent, but like the progress they've made. Terry Beckner playing as well or better than he's ever played. Rashad Brandon has a chance to be really good. Kobie Whiteside doing a lot of good things, Marcell Frazier playing well.

On the meeting yesterday: Sounded like they got together on Monday, watching video together as a team. "Think we've got strong leadership within this team and they're trying to take it a step further and do everything they can to get us ready."

Said they had their best practice of the season yesterday.

I wanted to ask him about DaRon Davis, but there were too many questions and they ran out of time so I didn't get on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.