GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Instant Reaction
Yuengling Postgame Show
PostGame Videohttps://missouri.rivals.com/news/watch-mizzou-postgame-after-27-21-win-over-boston-college
Mizzou showed it can take a punch
Touchdown Luther emerges in Mizzou's win

There's today's coverage. We'll have more in the morning. Quick thoughts:

Missouri won. That's all it has to do.

The penalties are concerning. Got to clean them up. They looked cocky and undisciplined at times Saturday. Needs to be fixed.

The 21 points are about the max Missouri could have given up. Two braindead coverage busts and a bad penalty led to that, but overall Mizzou held a decent BC offense to 295 total yards (190 on 52 of its 54 plays) and less than two yards per carry. I wouldn't have guessed the defense would have more confidence from me than the offense but it does.

That said, the hot takes on Brady Cook are crazy. If you want him to be Jayden Daniels of last year or Patrick Mahomes of any year, he isn't. He's not going to go win most games by himself. But there was a quarterback who lost his team that game on Saturday and it wasn't Brady Cook. I understand this year is going to be full of "He isn't good enough" and "Gabe's just carrying his water because he's a good interview." Fine. You're wrong, but I'll take it all season. I'm not saying he is going to be a national championship QB or a playoff QB. He might be, but I don't know that. But he was plenty good enough today. He's not perfect. And he isn't going to be.

Missouri is a running team. Yes, they have great wide receivers. And yes they can make big plays in the passing game. But they're better running the ball than throwing it (thanks in large part to the fact the OL is better run blocking than pass protecting). They'll need to lean into that.

Believe it or not, Missouri might have gotten better at kicker since last year.

That's all I got for now. Enjoy the night games. We'll be back at it tomorrow. Big week ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.