ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL ******CLOSING THOUGHTS FROM FAUROT FIELD******

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
It was awful. I told you earlier this week that it wouldn't be time to panic for at least two more days. Well, it's time. That was one of the worst games I've ever seen in person and offered (other than the punter) legitimately not a single thing you can be optimistic about.

I'm not gonna harp on the game. You saw it. You know how bad it was. I have already written how bad it was. Instead a couple notes from after:

After last week's game, Barry Odom was pissed off. After tonight's game, he looked like somebody stole his wife and shot his dog. He was just down and beaten. I don't know if that's good, bad or indifferent, but he looked like someone who had just gotten the news that everything good in his life was gone.

I gained respect for Drew Lock. He came out and faced the music. He was pretty clearly battling emotion from the start and seemed to choke up at least once, but he sat there and answered the questions. You guys might think it's a small thing. I do not. After talking to him, you can say he's not good, you can say he isn't living up to expectations, you can say a lot of things about his performance on the field. You cannot say he doesn't care. Again, maybe it's not important to you guys. It's something to me. It's not a lack of give a shit, it's a lack of being able to make it happen right now.

Terry Beckner, Eric Beisel, Anthony Sherrils, Damarea Crockett, Jordan Harold and Corey Fatony all came to answer questions too. Again, not the biggest deal in the world, but imagine if after your worst day of work you had to go talk to a bunch of idiots going "How come you sucked so much today?" and "What will you do to suck less next week?" They deserve credit.

If it's always darkest before the dawn, I guess Missouri's going to beat Auburn next week. I can't imagine a rational person would predict that happening.

Couple of stories and photos on the front, Brian's working on videos and another story. Grade card tomorrow (it ain't gonna be too pretty). Game week starts again Monday, so we'll be there. I'm kind of at a loss for what we can ask or write about, but we'll be there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.