ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL CLOSING THOUGHTS FROM MIZZOU ARENA

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Man, it's been a while since I've written that.

It was good to be back. Kind of. It was different. I've got a column going in the morning on that. It's not your typical sports column, but it's Thanksgiving tomorrow and a lot of you won't be on and sometimes I try to write about something different. Tried to give you a little peek behind the curtain of being here and my perspective on it. Hope you'll enjoy.

As far as the basketball, it was what you would have wanted. They haven't played in eight months, they didn't know for sure they'd play tonight until probably this morning and they haven't even had all their guys together for most practices. But they won by 27 points and it was easy.

I was most pleased to see them run like Cuonzo Martin said they would. Sometimes coaches say things that don't end up happening. I hope this continues. Missouri is better this way.

If you could sign up for 8 points, 12 boards and 1 foul out of Jeremiah Tilmon every single night, you'd do it right now. At least you should.

I'm not going to put a ton of stock into 10-25 shooting from three against ORU. Most teams they play will be better defensively and more athletic and able to contest more shots. So let's see them do it again. They had a few nights they shot well last year too. I want to see more than this one to be convinced it's all okay.

This team is going to shoot a TON of free throws.

Most of the rest of my thoughts are in the post-game story on the front page and I also posted video of everyone we spoke to (there are a few audio issues early, but that was beyond our control)

I'll just finish by wishing everyone here a happy Thanksgiving. This is a weird place and sometimes to read it you'd think we are all pissed off all the time and mostly hate each other. But it's a place we can all come to get away from some of the other bulls--- going on in life and 2020 has had a whole hell of a lot of it. I can speak for @mitchell4d and @Sean_Williams when I say we are thankful that you all choose to spend a little bit of your spare change here every month in our corner of the Internet. There were a lot of times this year you could have quit because we went five months without having anything at all to cover. You didn't and that's not a fact that is lost on me or that I take lightly. Hopefully now that games are back, we make it worth your while. Enjoy the day with whoever you can see. I'm going to eat too much and drink too much and watch some bad football. We've got three stories loaded for tomorrow and two for Friday, so if you get a few minutes, check them out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.