ADVERTISEMENT

NEW STORY CLOSING THOUGHTS FROM MIZZOU ARENA

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
*This team is fun as hell. The last two games have been the most fun I've had watching Missouri basketball in ten years. They're going to lose some games. They aren't going to shoot out of their heads every night. But even in losses, damn, this is a fun team to watch.

*D'Moi Hodge is my favorite player in at least ten years. He just does not care about anything. He will rise and fire from absolutely anywhere. And more often than not, it's going in.

*Kobe Brown is a bona fide stud. If you're on a basketball list with two names and the other name is Steph Curry, you should feel very good about yourself.

*Here's why this team is good (and, yes, Missouri is legitimately good): Every guy has accepted his role. Kobe Brown is the alpha. Feed him and ride him. When he's not the superstar, Noah Carter has already scored 28 points in a game this year and can be really good. Hodge is the shooter. Dre Gholston does whatever you need. He hasn't been good for 40 minutes a lot, but he's been really good for 20 a few times. Nick Honor is just steady. He probably won't lead Mizzou in scoring in a conference game, but he does what you need him to do. He's a calming presence. Sean East isn't super consistent and he scares the ever loving hell out of me sometimes, but he's capable of taking over a game for stretches as he did in the first half. He scored seven straight as Missouri took its lead to double figures. Aidan Shaw may not score a point the rest of the year, but he's going to bring crazy energy and battle his ass off. Tre Gomillion is the heartbeat. Ronnie DeGray is this generation's Jeff Warren. He'll never get a headline, but you need him to win.

*I don't know what the ceiling is guys. It's a hell of a lot higher than we thought it was two weeks ago. I don't care what they're ranked, I don't want to start looking at Bracketology every day yet. You've waited for this team for ten years. Enjoy the ride where it may take you.

Here's our other stuff from tonight:

Drew's instant reaction
Live postgame show
My column

@drewking0222 has a full game notebook coming tonight and a follow up tomorrow. Enjoy it. Well earned.

Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 8.20.45 PM.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.