ADVERTISEMENT

coaching

rlock85

Redshirting
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2010
As an MU fan, it is evident that BO is not going to be our long term option. Current projections have us winning 2 more games. BO's short tenure has been a mess since his announcement:
-2 assistants fired during the seasons
-2 assistants leaving for other jobs (not promotions-just lateral)
-Apparent strife within the player ranks
-I don't judge the recruiting star rankings, however it is factual that BO has not signed the HS recruits from Missouri region that he has offered.
We have just seen a coach who "gets it" in managing a college team and playbook in the Purdue coach. That team has less star power and bad facilities, however you can tell that he can coach.

I expect that our AD will not take action until the end of the season if we finish with 3 wins, however if the team performs like they did against Purdue for the home games of FL and TN (with crowds leaving at half time), then I hope our AD changes his mind and makes the fire after the TN game.

Our AD looks to have made a great decision with CMartin and I hope he looks at the following as potential candidates:
-Mike Gundy (longshot but if he loses to OK this year, will he ever do better at OKST)
-Stanford Coach (he has admitted that he can only recruit about 50 targets due to Stanford entrance guidelines)
-Iowa State Coach (proven at MAC, not proven in Big12 however exciting personality)

Reactions: mizzoudad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.