ADVERTISEMENT

NEW STORY DAILY DOWN LOW AUGUST 23RD (UPDATED 11:40 AM)

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Some links to start your morning:

Newcomer Q&A with Tucker McCann

Good week for Mizzou commit Aubrey Miller:

Some humility and perspective for Sheldon Richardson:

*Yesterday was supposed to be the day that Jerod Alton left St. Louis to head to CoMo. At this point, there's no indication whether that has happened. I've got a message out to Alton. If nothing else, we get to talk to Barry Odom after practice this afternoon and will definitely ask about Alton's status.

*There's been plenty of talk on the board about Darren Sunkett saying on the radio that top 100 receiver Jeff Thomas was leaning to Missouri. For those of you here, this shouldn't be a surprise. We've been telling you Missouri is in good shape here for two or three months. All indications are that the Tigers are the favorite. And, as we've posted here before, we've recently gotten some indication the academic situation is a lot more hopeful than we'd previously believed.

We mentioned Thomas was a top 100 receiver because the revised Rivals100 came out yesterday. The revised 250 should be out later today and that one is generally of a little more interest and import to Mizzou fans. We'll pass that along later in the day. It's generally released around 10 or 11 am I think.

*We're going to start providing you some West Virginia stuff with game day now just 11 days away in Morgantown. Here is some coverage that might interest you guys:

The West Virginia 3-2-1
Iowa transfer could start for Mountaineers
Two battling at right tackle
Replacing the starting safety

*Programming note: This week's podcast will be with Kim Anderson, who will join us on Thursday to talk about the recent trip to Italy and the team headed into the year.

*As I said yesterday, something I'm going to start doing in the DDL is passing along at least one non-Mizzou link every day for your enjoyment. Today, it's a story about a decommitment that happened when a kid got thanked for something he didn't do.

* The new Rivals250 is out. No Missouri commits on it. Da'Ron Davis has fallen out.

Made a mistake earlier but Chester Graves in No. 223.

For those interested, Marquise Hayes has jumped 76 spots to 116th in the nation.

* Chicago-Simeon 2018 SF Talen Horton-Tucker is visiting Missouri on Sep. 10, per Scott Burgess of PrepHoops IL. Here is a link to his Rivals profile.

*FEATURE STORY: Michael Scherer moves on to final year at Mizzou.

*Read this week's mailbag. I mean, if you want to.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.