ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Darius Robinson

SecondCityTiger

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 28, 2003
Will be a player I root like hell for in the NFL.

And somewhere down there on the Mizzou sideline in the midst of plenty of positive self-talk and prayers, there was Mizzou senior defensive lineman Darius Robinson, the two-time captain who on his senior night requested and received permission to wear “MIZZOU” across his back instead of his own last name.

Robinson?

He was mad.

Robinson confessed as much after Cook found Burden, and after Mevis perfectly placed his 30-yard strike, that as Robinson watched what would become the start of a memorable fourth-down conversion, he couldn’t help but fear he blew it.

There was that late stiff-arm he ate that led to extra Gator yards. A missed tackle in the red zone haunted him after Florida’s 35-yard field goal with 1:36 left assigned MU’s offense its do-or-lose fate.

“I just want to say, I’ve got to be better,” Robinson said after his teammates carried him off the field following his victorious Senior Night. “That’s unacceptable. If I’m the player I envision myself as, as my teammates and coaches believe, I’ve got to be better. Gotta go to practice tomorrow and be better. I’m just glad we won. I thank God and my teammates, but as a leader, I hold the standard. Gotta be better.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News