ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Pyne

mglassma

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2008
Alot of chatter about this kid on this board. I don't know that he is the heir apparrent to Brady Cook. My guess is No. But lets not act like he is chopped liver. He has some size and maturity to him similar to another former Mizzou signal caller who wore #10.

He is money on the short and intermediate routes. And was a very good H.S QB with alot of big time offers including Bama.

Not comparing him to Macon or Lock or Blaine. But Pyne did well at the Elite 11 competition and finished in the top 12 along with Georgia's current starting QB. One recruiting service had him in the top 5 after day three. But it appears he was universally in the first tier of guys all throughout the entire competition. So while that isn't the end all be all there is that. He was rated by Rivals as the #118 overall prospect and by 0n3 as #239.

The knock on Pyne is armstrength. He doesn't have a big arm. His longest toss at the Elite 11 competition in 2019 was only 48 yards. That, I believe was the worst, at the competition that year. The winner for the longest throw that year was Anthony Richardson at 68.5 yards. For perspective other big name guys in the 2019 competition went 65 yards (Marcus Stroud), 63 yards (Carson Beck) 62 yards Robbie Ashford and 59 yards (Bryce Young).

I would love to be a fly on the Wall when Zollers let's it fly. MIZ

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News