ADVERTISEMENT

NEW STORY ****ENTER THE CHAMBER, FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2016****

the chamber

Letterman
Staff
May 28, 2015
As always, we ask you to keep the information in The Chamber here at PowerMizzou. This is what you guys pay for, so make your subscription worthwhile. Onward we go.

Just to make sure you're caught up, here is the Daily Down Low (mini-Chamber) from each day this week

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday

Little bit of a light week because Missouri is on the road the next three weeks (and, again, because when we get recruiting news it's out there right away, not waiting for Friday morning) but on to the latest:

Football Recruiting

It is worth reinforcing, as mentioned in one of those links above, that we are expecting Jeff Thomas to be a part of this Missouri class at this point in time. Not saying it's a done deal and nothing can change, but Missouri is absolutely in the driver's seat for the top 100 wideout and, again, qualification looks much more likely than we were once led to believe. So that's good.

We wrote about official visits being set for Chris Turner and Larry Rountree this week. Missouri remains in excellent shape with Turner. Will be interesting to see what happens at running back. Still no real indication on what AJ Davis might do going forward, but he remains in play. As does Chase Hayden.

It was reported last night that Hayden is considering an official visit to Michigan and that, if he takes that visit, Arkansas won't consider him committed (in other words, if they get another running back, his spot could be filled). That was then turned into a headline that said "Arkansas loses commitment from Chase Hayden." He tweeted "I did not decommit." All of this is a matter of semantics. From reading multiple stories (and I want to stress we haven't talked to Hayden, just reading about it) if he takes an official (either this weekend to Michigan or any others) he puts his spot with Arkansas at risk.

For those still trying to figure out why we're talking so much about an Arkansas commit or decommit, Hayden was at Missouri twice this summer and had the Tigers in his top three, along with Oklahoma State, before picking the Razorbacks. He told us at the time he'd probably take visits and maybe even decommit, so this isn't really a surprise that this is happening. Missouri's still in the mix for an official visit from Hayden and we would expect them to get one if he does choose to take trips, but Michigan might be tough to beat.

Speaking of kids that are committed elsewhere, still no developments with Terry Petry. When he visited here, he told me he wasn't committed to Houston and never had been. But when I talked to my contact at Houston, he said Petry certainly was committed (and shared conversations with me proving that was accurate). However, the Houston guy did say he wouldn't be surprised if Petry decommitted, was almost expecting it to happen. So far as we know that hasn't happened this week. Weird situation and a really quite kid who clearly doesn't really enjoy doing interviews. We're hearing Mizzou is in good shape, but it's tough to know exactly what's going on when what he told us is clearly different from what he's said to someone that covers another school.

Other names that are committed elsewhere that I've been told Missouri certainly hasn't given up on (Not saying these are kids that are going to flip, simply that the races may not be over and Missouri still is at least staying involved): Tony Adams, Larry Boyd, Marquis Hayes. Think there could be some others out there too.

Basketball Recruiting

Last week we told you a name to watch was Anthony Longpre out of Baltimore. Well he committed to St. Joe's the other day and Missouri didn't put up a fight. From what we know the staff also isn't looking overseas anymore for players either. Missouri is now focusing on junior college players and some high school guys. New names to watch are Felip Hasse from at Miami Christian and Victor Enoh. Missouri is out for Nojel Eastern. His mother wants him to play the point in college. Most schools have him as a two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News