ADVERTISEMENT

Football recruiting

mglassma

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2008
Come on Barry lets pick it up. I want to see that new coaching staff boost we were promised. I remember when BO inked I think Marvin Terry and then he picked up an arrest. Prior to finding out the guy could not play college football, that appeared to the opening of a flood gate in the right direction. Since then we have not really had anything to get excited about except for maybe stealing a few recruits from Boise st.. We whiffed on a bunch of RB/QB/OL targets to end the 16 recruiting cycle. BO and staff obviously get a pass for that because of all the crap Mizzou was going through when he took over.

But right now, in 2017 he has gotten off to a slow start. I know he is installing a new system and looking for a different caliber of player. I also know it really matters not until signing day. However, if you look at what the rest of the SEC is/has done as a metric then you will see at least some cause for concern.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2017/sec

I just really hope this new coaching staff recruiting boost that we were promised comes to fruition. Right now it seems we missed on all our QB targets for 17 and seemingly are struggling mightily to add a quality/decent/ serviceable/a warm body to help our depleted and inexperienced offensive line in 16.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.