ADVERTISEMENT

Good Q&A with film-maker and former Mizzou BB walk-on Nick Berardini...

Graphic Edge Guy

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2001
This Mizzou J-school grad is now a documentary film maker and recently earned high praise for his work on the documentary "Tom Swift and his Electric Knife" tackling this issue of taser use/abuse by police.

Berardini is an adjunct professor at MU’s J-School and is still and avid Mizzou sports fan... and he also is an active commentator on the games we play on social media.

In this Tribune Q & A interview...I thought he did a great job of answering THIS tough question regarding his thoughts on the current state of the Mizzou Basetball program :

Q: And Kim Anderson, off to rough start (with the basketball team)? What do you think of that and what he can do to turn things around for the program?

A: It’s tricky. In all honesty, he should’ve won more than nine games. At a place like Missouri, with the infrastructure and money, you just have to do that. He’ll be the first person to tell you that, though. He knows. At the same time, obviously there was a storm brewing with roster turnover and other things. For someone who has given far more than me to the university, I respect everything he represents. The great thing about basketball is, you put a couple guys in the right place, in a different space, you can quickly change the direction. But you need leadership. That’s where Kim found himself stuck last season, and that’s the difference between Division I and Division II — dealing with attitudes and egos, guys who were highly recruited. I’d say 90 percent of the guys I played with thought they had a shot at the NBA. That’s absurd on its face, but that’s there in front of you. You can’t throw a bunch of guys together without some being willing to sacrifice, and that definitely requires some leadership. It’s why patience matters.

Complete story link from Pete Bland's article in the Trb:

LINK: http://www.columbiatribune.com/spor...cle_be46a574-ef2b-5f42-ab92-fe8f3a478995.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.