ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL HALFTIME THOUGHTS: MIZZOU 25 LSU 17

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
That was as impressive an offensive quarter and a half as I've seen Missouri play in a LONG time. They were virtually perfect for the first 20 minutes of the game.

The Brady Cook interception flipped the momentum for sure. It went from potential blowout to a game on that play and the ensuing drive. That said, it's his first pick in 367 passing attempts. And he came back and looked good on the last drive. Everyone gets to make a mistake. I'll take 18/24 for 227 in a half all day long.

Luther Burden has 9 catches for 110 yards. Fifth straight over 100. He has more receiving yards than any player in Mizzou history throughg six games. And will probably add a few more if Mizzou is going to win this.

I know some will probably complain about the defense. But LSU has a good offense. Mizzou has made them earn it. You were never going to win this game with 24 points. You were always going to have to outscore them. As long as you're making LSU work, I'm okay with the defense so far.

The biggest issue so far has been penalties at really bad times. Missouri has made it a little tougher than it needed to be.

Love going for two on the first TD. Sent a message. Missouri is here to take this thing, not to wait for LSU to give it up. Need to keep up the aggression.

First drive of the third is huge. If you can get points out of that and make it a two score game, you have a little margin for error. If not, buckle up.

This was never going to be easy for the final three quarters. But Mizzou has put itself in position. Now they have to go finish. If they do, the ceiling for this season goes WAY up. It's gonna be fun.

Screen Shot 2023-10-07 at 12.37.54 PM.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.