ADVERTISEMENT

Hate to distract from the negativity, but (ku related)...

midmofa

Letterman
Aug 26, 2013
Regarding ku:

Last road win: September 12, 2009 at UTEP. As of today, ku has gone 2026 days since their last road win of any sort...conference or non-conference.

Last road Big 12 win: October 4, 2008 at Iowa State. As of today, ku has gone 2369 days since their last conference road win. That's 6.5 years.

The next opportunity for a road win will be September 26, 2015 at Rutgers (2548 days from last conf road win and over 6 years since a non-con road win) followed by a trip to Ames on Oct 3rd (2555 days. On this date, there surely will be a parade because it will mark the seven year anniversary of the conference road game losing streak!). If they lose both of those, they go to Stillwater on Oct 24 (2576 days) , TX on Nov 7 (2590 days), and TCU Nov 14th (2597 days).

They have won 7 total games in the past three seasons which, if they could twist the rules like they do in basketball and add each season's win total to the next, would have made them eligible for a bowl game. Alas, twas not to be. Looking back, they have won a total of 9 games over the past 4 seasons, and 12 games over the past 5 seasons. The last stat isn't half bad because that averages 2.4 wins per season over five years. Not bad. Wait, that is truly embarrassing.

To put this in perspective, MU averaged 2.75 wins per MONTH last season and has averaged 9.2 wins per Season over 5 years including the injury ridden disaster 5 win season in 2012. Although beakers would have to consider a 5 win season an epic success, they haven't come within sniffing distance of such a "successful" 5 win season since 2009 (excluding ku players' disgusting attempts to sniff the jock straps of their more successful opponents while on the field). 2009 also happens to be the same year that 18-year old Charlotte Taylor - dubbed 'Poo Girl' by fellow Leeds festival-goers - found herself lodged in a porta potty after trying to retrieve her purse from the mess below. "I was struggling and trying to get out and it just made it worse," she said, "I knew I couldn't get out myself and was so embarrassed." I'm not saying there is a connection between Charlotte's past struggle to dig out from a pile of crap and ku's current 7 year attempt to do the same, but it's worth considering.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.