ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Hey, I'm Briar Napier. I'm helping out PowerMizzou on women's basketball coverage this winter.

BriarNapier

Redshirting
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2020
Greetings everyone. My name is Briar Napier, I'm a senior at Mizzou majoring in sports journalism.

@GabeD has offered me the opportunity to help out the site on women's basketball coverage this season. I'm excited to get started and cover what's sure to be a weird and wacky season. Stay tuned in the meantime for a preview piece, which will pick up more steam once the schedule is finalized.

A little bit about me ...
- I spent the summer as a sports intern at The Arizona Republic in Phoenix, mostly sticking to general assignment work and coverage of the pro soccer team there. I also spent last winter covering men's basketball for the Columbia Missourian, which was a blast.
- I'm originally from a small town outside of Champaign, Illinois, where I played basketball and ran cross country. Fun fact: My graduating class was 22 people.
- My quarantine job for a few months back home was a delivery driver at Domino's.
- I'm a fan of almost all sports but I don't have many team fandoms, with two exceptions: Fulham F.C. and the U.S. National Soccer Teams. Patrick Mahomes might make me hop on the Chiefs bandwagon, though ...

I'm looking forward to chatting about women's hoops with everyone here. Feel free to follow me on Twitter @BriarNapier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.