ADVERTISEMENT

Horn and Johnson

He's not skipping spring practice as the starting QB; it's just not going to happen.

I'm genuinely curious to why you think Johnson would supplant Horn. His highlight tape?
I didn’t say he would. I suggested it was possible that he COULD.

That’s based on nothing, other than they both are highly-rated recruits and they’ll both be here for spring. I have no way of knowing how quickly they will be able to pick up the playbook. Horn being sidetracked with baseball could be an issue.

Either one of them or both could turn out to be really good. Both of them might turn out to not be very good. I am just suggesting that it is possible that Johnson takes it.

not really..lots of guys can do both..jameis winston, when not swiping lobster, would practice football and play baseball …how? cause he was basically a short reliever…i think thats what horn would likely be..he throws hard… he likely could dabble in baseball while all football for a year or two until he gets established in football..if he does
What i was really referring to was horn playing baseball until spring football starts. If he does that he really wont be playing both sports because he'll only have about 1wk of baseball before spring practice.

Baseball starts about the same time as spring football. Hes going to have to pick one

Actually. Baseball is going on right now so hes missing the whole fall season. Aka the football version of spring ball. Think they have Ark st coming for a scrimmage next saturday and am trying to make that. I dont see Horn being anything more than maybe a spot reliever at best and most likely not for the weekend games. We have a couple of kids who have came in that sound like are impressing on the pitching front. Kid from Arizona St and the juco pitcher that will be a great addition to the staff. They just now have been doing live scrimmage. Baseball starts in early January. They have a trip to Texas stadium for a tourney i think around Feb 18 we are hoping to make, which will be around the same time spring ball starts so who knows if he will even be with the team on its first trip.

I dont know about Horn and football but i know it will be tough for him to make an impact on the baseball field as a pitcher, especially in the sec without him being 100% in with the sport while all the other players are doing the development it takes for a pitcher. Not sure hes that type of a freak player not to do the training that all the other good pitchers are doing. Again this is if what Gabe said before about Horn will be at spring football according to Drink

Last edited:
This is what you said

petiesarmy said:

If he has a baseball game or other activity he will not be there. I want clear yes he will be around but he will not be 100% there

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't mean what you said, but that is what this says.
As in 100% won’t be there physically you Dink. Like not all the time.
Jesus. This place is great

As in 100% won’t be there physically you Dink. Like not all the time.
Jesus. This place is great

Yes it is. You didn't say physically and even if that's what you meant, you are wrong anyway. No way he's missing any part of spring practice to play baseball. I thought you supposedly agreed with Gabe and that's exactly what he said.

Reactions: gfuray
Yes it is. You didn't say physically and even if that's what you meant, you are wrong anyway. No way he's missing any part of spring practice to play baseball. I thought you supposedly agreed with Gabe and that's exactly what he said.
Jesus H Christ, you are just jumping around all the post. I said he won’t be there. I said if he is there it won’t 100%. Somehow you came to the conclusion mentally he won’t be there, which I never one time mention anythink about that. Someone said he already said he would fully participate in spring ball. I said I was wrong. Somehow me saying in wrong has turned into you saying mentally he wouldn’t be there.
This is a really dumb conversation when I admitted I’m wrong. So when I said I meant he wouldn’t be there 100% is the time your response should have been “oh I misunderstood” instead you have turned it back into me saying he wouldn’t be there all the time.
Fing stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT