ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL If you believe Dave Matter, bball team will be vastly improved this season

hmd77

All-American
Mar 17, 2016
He stops short of saying they'll make the postseason, but this passage from today's Mizzou Chat on STLToday is downright sunny coming from him.

"I watched a two-hour practice on Monday for an upcoming story on the hoops program. (Look for the story in the next few days. Anderson gave me exclusive access to all staff meetings, practice, workouts, etc. Really insightful experience.) I think this team wins more games this year, somewhere in the mid-teens. The sophomores will play better than last year. The newcomers will contribute. There's a better overall vibe around this group and better leadership. They lost some degree of talent with the guys who transferred, but I can tell you they're not missed. Guys like Phillips and Puryear don't feel like they have to defer to the older guys now that they're gone - and this team is better off with Phillips and Puryear as leaders. That said, you still need talent to play well and win games, and I'm not sure this group is ready to make the Tournament."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.