ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL I'm a little jelly of slu fans

Art Van Delay

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 24, 2001
St. Louis, but from Unionville
I'm not jealous of their new coach but I do think Ford is a pretty good get for slu. I'm jealous that the fanbase has hope for better times ahead which is something I don't have with our current coaching situation. I feel like the basketball program has been put on the back burner and we are just running the clock out on our NCAA and APR problems with HCKA as a placeholder. I really have no hope that we will be any better next season, will finish at the bottom of the conference for the third year in a row and struggle to break into double digits in wins. I somewhat understand the excuses that we can't get anyone to take the job under the current situation; but I also feel that if we had an AD that could sell ice to eskimos and a really committed administration we would have an excellent coach and hope for great improvement already in place. Money talks, we have excellent facilities and a pretty hungry fan and donor base. We are also in a state that is producing high level recruits on a yearly basis along with membership in the most prestigious athletic conference in the country. But instead we are relegated to another year of absolute $#!t basketball.

That is why I am jealous of slu fans, they at least have hope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.