ADVERTISEMENT

I'm a Mizzou fan -- forever

Alumnus

Retired Number
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I first began following Mizzou sports in 1962-63, when I was a high school senior in Tennessee looking for a great journalism program. I started school in the Fall of 1963, and I've been in love with Mizzou -- and Mizzou sports -- ever since.

I've seen a lot over the years. Some great teams coached by Dan Devine. Some really crappy teams coached by Bob Vanatta. Great teams coached by Hi Simmons. The Years of Death for the football team.

I'm 70 now, but I still have every bit of enthusiasm for the University of Missouri I always had. It's been a really rough year from a public relations standpoint. It's been a crappy year for our major sports programs.

What I know, from experience, is that there will be better years ahead. Maybe even some great ones. I hope I'm here long enough to see those.

What I also know is that when something or someone you love needs your support, you have to be willing to do that. So:

1. I just made a significant donation to a scholarship fund in the School of Journalism.
2. I'm going down to the TSF offices later today to renew my membership and increase my donation.

Mizzou needs me. It's the least I can do for all that Mizzou has done for me. Tiger forever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.