ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Is J'Mon Moore ready to step up as "The Guy" this season???

Graphic Edge Guy

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2001
PULLOUT QUOTES from Rock-M.Nation with some eye-opening quotes about J'Mon...the guy PM seems to love to bash. The talent is there...will this be his break out season?:

Fans have been focused on all the new bodies and potential at the position, but they could be forgetting about Moore, the overall leading returner at receiver. Moore always had the physical tools to be a playmaker at receiver, but hasn’t put it together yet. That could be changing, as he’s been more dialed in.

"I think my catching went from just OK to supreme," Moore said. "Last year I didn’t look the ball in. I was just thinking I was like too cool, just felt like I was natural. This year I’ve been really focusing on looking the ball in before I make a move."

His coaches and his quarterback have taken notice.

"I believe that J’Mon has improved as much as anybody on the team," Odom said. "Overall, if you look at the things we ask those guys to do, he’s gotten better from January until today."

Dropped passes plagued an offense that already struggled mightily last fall. Drew Lock is still a young quarterback, and he’ll make mistakes. But if he has a go-to receiver with reliable hands with the tools Moore has, that can bode well for a big step forward for the offense in 2016. It sounds as if the rapport between the two is developing, according to Lock.

"J’Mon has been one of my favorite guys to throw to," Lock said. "He realizes what this year is for him, he realizes that he can have a big year and he wants to make it happen."

The talent at wide receiver is there, but very little has come of it so far. If Moore can have the breakout season that everybody has been waiting for, he can be an example for the younger guys and be that leader the position was searching for last season.

Reactions: JoeDec89
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.