ADVERTISEMENT

J Clarkson - thoughts and blurb from an article on him at Bleach Report

PhiDelt02

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
After some initial comments from me, I'm going to copy/paste a blurb I found on Clarkson in an article about the Lakers sesaon... for the first time, i watched clarkson for about 1.5 quarters friday night... man, he looked like he could blossom into a borderline all star. i definitely thought he had intriguing NBA talent, but I did not expect him to be as good as what i saw -- think he had 26 in that game. I always talked about how his excellent free throw shooting and great touch in the mid range game --- left me with little doubt that he would be able to develop more range in as time went on. And he's done just that. Some made fun of him being called a "SHOOTING" guard, as they felt he couldn't shoot. Also -- the floor is FAR better spaced in the NBA than it was at Mizzou. Last year opposing defenses had to respect Jabari Brown, and then every other guy on the court could shade towards Clarkson for helpside defense. He just had little to no operating room once opponents figured out how that we had no skill outside of he and Brown. Ross wasn't terrible but teams would let him shoot open 3's all day long and take their chances...

Here's copy and paste from an article about the Lakers season..

More importantly, Clarkson did come through, and he has to a tantalizing degree of late. Over his last six games, he has averaged a robust 21 points, 6.7 assists, 5.3 rebounds and 5.7 free-throw attempts while shooting 54 percent from the field (40 percent from three), including a career-high 30 points opposite Russell Westbrook and consecutive double-doubles against Philly and New Orleans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.