ADVERTISEMENT

Keys to the Game: Miz v. WVU

ABaumli

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2005
1. Mizzou has to come out fast, score early. First off, Mizzou has the advantage that WVU really doesn't know what to expect with mizzou's offense. Mizzou is running a completely different system with a lot of new faces. Holgerson said the game is going to be one of in game adjustments. In that case, Mizzou needs to score while they have the upper hand of WVU having little to no tape on Mizzou. (This might show more of an explanation for the Marvin Zanders will he or won't he).

2. Mizzou's offense has to score TDs on these early drives, not FGs. Mizzou in 2015 was scared of crossing the end zone line. Punch it in before WVU can adjust. I really think that in order to win this game, Mizzou needs to score at least 14 points in the first quarter.

3. Mizzou D, Tackle, Tackle, Tackle. If Mizzou makes the tackle every time the first guy gets there, then Mizzou will hold WVU's offense in check. WVU will have to live and die by short passes. Mizzou's DLine is too good to run long routes. So on the short passes, the key is making the tackle.

4. Mizzou's O will need some big plays. I don't have the confidence that Mizzou can sustain drives. Hopefully Ross can break 1 or 2 long run TDs.

5. I don't think Mizzou could make a come-back in this game, but I feel confident that WVU could. WVU has a lot of experience at skill positions. Mizzou does not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.