ADVERTISEMENT

Let us not forget....

pduff

Retired Number
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2002
As we bitch about choosing the Music City Bowl...

...let’s remember...

All the months of no sports, Covid talk, and speculation of whether there would even be a season at all. The season was in doubt even in August! Sadly, all this was better than reading about all the political and social bs that dominated all other news...

The day it became a reality that we’d actually be playing (honestly the morning of the Alabama game), I vowed not to bitch about game times, reffing, or tv channels. It was never hard to follow through on that vow.

I predicted that we would go 6-5 but wouldn’t have been surprised by 3-7. I personally have enjoyed (and savored) every game. The next game wasn’t ever guaranteed. To be honest, the five winning Saturdays this fall were some of the most fun days (thanks @GabeD and @mitchell4d for all the unforeseen cool interactive coverage!) of 2020 for me.

The only game that we lost that we were favored in, was yesterday and honestly, it shouldn’t have been a surprise if you were paying attention. It was disappointing but man, it does NOT diminish what this season was: a success in pretty much every way.

Add in the surprising recruiting success, and the future is SO bright. And with this staff we finally have something that we haven’t had in many, many years—HOPE.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.