ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Looking forward to the 2015 season as much as any I can remember...

Graphic Edge Guy

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2001
WHY? Because of the intrigue and the unknown.

It is not because I think this is our most talented team in recent years...indeed the poll results (posted earlier on PM) below suggest we are in for a drop off:
Simple question...is our overall talent level better? About the same? Not as good as last year?

1. Our overall Football talent is better in 2015 than it was a year ago.
    25 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. *Our overall talent is about the same as a year ago.
    63 vote(s)
    40.6%
  3. Our overall talent is not as good as year ago,
    67 vote(s)
    43.2%
It is very true that we have taken significant hits and have huge holes to fill at DE, DT, and WR.

It is also true that our QB is coming off of a year when he had some very shaky outings...and now he needs to show improvement despite losing his entire WR core.

I am curious to see if the foundation of our program is as strong as I think it is...strong enough to overcome the significant roster losses due to graduation and early NFL entry... and added to that the attrition of expected 2015 key contributors Loud, Brantley on the alreday thin DL...and now OL depth hurt by the Tyler Howell news.

Can we remain strong and in contention for a third straight SEC East Title despite the significant losses?

Who will step up at WR? Who will provide the catches, yards and TD's to keep the offense clicking?

How will the DL shape up? Who will provide sacks, QB pressures, and tackles-for loss?

What scheme changes and strategies will we see with Barry Odom at the reins of the defense?

Will the TE position re-emerge as a passing threat on the Tiger offense?

Will Maty Mauk take the leadership reins and make the expected improvment in year #2 as a full time starter?

Will Hansborough carry the load at Running back and who will emerge to back him up?

How will positions finally settle on the O-Line and will they become a force as a unit?

Will Baggett's strong leg give us consistency and come through with a career year on PAT's and FG's?

I think we can be pretty good...but for sure, there are a lot of questions to be answered.

If we win 9- or 10 games this year...will the naysayers finally admit that Mizzou is a solid SEC program and one to contend with on a regular basis?

I would likely feel better and more relaxed if we didn't have so many question marks...but it might even be more exciting and intriguing because those questions do indeed exist.

Those first August scrimmage reports can't get here soon enough...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News