ADVERTISEMENT

Mario Mckinney is an unreal player

atl_cat

All-American
Apr 3, 2017

TL;DR: Mind blown, again. If Mario Mckinney does in the SEC what he does in this mixtape, he's only got two years at Mizzou before he's in the NBA.

The talk about Caleb Love has me randomly watching mixtapes of Mizzou guys and prospects. Just ran across some more of Mario McKinney's artwork. I'm supposed to be trying to learn Python up this late, instead I'm rewinding this video. Seen the older ones, but this one?

It's play after play of things only a few guys in this game can do. Guys with his type of athleticism, they play in the NBA. His ball skills are unreal. To top it off, he plays with such heart and intensity.

Yeah. I know. It's just a mixtape. I'm sure this video has been posted here before. All the bad shots and turnovers were edited out. His shooting form needs work. Etc. And I regularly get overexcited about Mizzou guys.

But still. It's one of the greatest mixtapes in history. It deserves a TL;DR post in my opinion.

His game and athleticism make me think of an even more athletic Collin Sexton. The way he dissects defenders in half court isos reminds me of Kyrie Irving. Don't @ me, take a second look at the work he puts on the defenders @ 0:39, 1:12, 1:20, all the Euro Steps to off hand finishes and passes, etc. Kyrie is all over the move @ 3:34 and many more.

Sure, injuries, playing time, crowded backcourt, higher level of play etc can change things. His game needs a lot of work. Maybe he doesn't blow up. My money is on that he does.

It's hard to pick a favorite play from this video. The windmill @ 3:51 followed by the smooth double pump jam are particularly ridiculous. He's got an in game 360. Also an in game self alley oop off the ball bounce- and then between the legs?? The two majestic, gliding dunks down the lane over defenders @ 0:11 and 0:17 are both very nice. Tip dunk off a tip dunk @ 2:49. The sweeping putback dunk @ 1:44 is incredible.This package of elite plays is astounding.

That is all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News