ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Brey and Notre Dame

MelWest

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2005
Parts Unknown
For me to actually root for ND, they have to be playing a handful of teams that I hate more...not as much in basketball as football...but still not a ND fan.

With that said...after watching ND in the ACC tourney I picked them to at least get to this game v Kentucky. That is a team that I really enjoy watching play. They flat out share the basketball and play it the "right" way...at least offensively. It helps that they can shoot...offense always looks a lot better when the ball goes in.
wink.r191677.gif

I was thinking it was just a couple of years ago that there was talk that Brey was not going to survive at ND....heard lots of talk that he was another of the K tree that couldn't coach.

What it shows to me is....the right players can sure make a coach look good. Not that the coach was bad before...but good players...who are smart...know how to play the game...and can HIT shots...makes the coach look like a genius.

Brey is obviously a really good coach.....and he was even when his teams did not always play the game quite like the group he has this year.

Didn't think I would ever say this..but I am actually rooting for them to get to the final four.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.