ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou basketball 2015 similar to Mizzou football 2012?

johnpost

All-Conference
Apr 6, 2006
Seriously... I know many on here are convinced KA can't get it done - and I am not saying I am sure he will.

However, I recall watching our football team get brutalized in a 5 - 7 inaugural SEC season. (Yes, I know injuries were a key factor.) But many were convinced Gary P was in over his head. They were also convinced our players didn't have the skill or moxie to compete at an SEC level...

I remember reading in many different places how that season was a rallying cry for that football team and they used it as motivation to "refocus" and work harder. They met together, cleared the air, and dedicated themselves to get back to winning.

I am seeing a lot of current basketball player quotes and tweets that indicate they are also using this past embarrassment- of-a-season to regroup and get better.

Will the results of our 2015 basketball Tigers be similar to the results of our revitalized 2013 football Tigers?

I'm not sure, but I am rooting like hell our team gets it done. (And deep down, I think they can.)

Go Tigers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.