ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou vs LSU

NWMOBearcat

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2012
I know we are all excited about being 5-0 and why shouldn't we be. It doesn't happen often here and when it does it should be celebrated. Here at Mizzou, our offense is better than we thought and our defense is worse than we thought. I believe this is probably the 3rd hardest game left on our schedule. In full transparency I've only watched LSU once all year and it was last week against Ole Miss.

LSU is battle tested, not that we have had a cakewalk but, they have played Ole Miss; Loss 55-49, Arkansas Win 34-31, Mississippi St. 41-14 and Florida State 45-24. After watching last weeks game I thought their defense was horrendous and while it's not good, it is a little better than what I was giving it credit for. For example, they only give up 18 more passing yards a game than we do and they have had the harder schedule. Especially with Daniels at the helm, that worries me as a Mizzou fan. However, they give up 169 rushing yards a game where we give up 75. We are going to need to run the ball and do it well.

As far as leading players. Daniels has 200 more yards than cook and 5 more tds and 2 more interceptions. With Cook not really coming on until the last few games it is a little skewed but, Daniels has played tougher defenses. Rushing yards Shrader has 100 more yards than their leading rusher Diggs and Nabers and Burden are basically identical when it comes to their numbers. I wasn't expecting this before I dug into this a little deeper but, their team is alot like ours. They have the talent to have a better defense than what has showed up so far and so do we. This will more than likely be a shootout, we win this and then this very well could be a season we look back on. Let me know your thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News