ADVERTISEMENT

MONDAY MUSINGS Chiefs are the Champions

ABaumli

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2005
1. Chiefs won the superbowl, that's great. I wish I could go to the parade, but I probably shouldn't travel right now with due date 3 weeks out. It honestly wasn't that great of a game to watch in terms of great plays, but it wasn't a bad game either. Both teams really worked the clock in the first half and pressure was getting to mahomes early second. On the last pic, my buddy who is a playoff only chiefs fan texted me, time to panic yet? I said, not yet, but if Chiefs don't stop this drive, it's probably over. Chiefs did stop it and obviously went on to win the game. I will remember the people I watched the game with. My oldest son started to become a fan and watch the Chiefs during this playoff run, so I have that going for me. I look to more years of playoffs with Mahomes and my Chiefs.

I thought the Half time show was fine. I knew that a lot of moms would not be happy. The comparisons to Adam Levine with his shirt off are just play stupid. There is a difference between just your shirt off and trying to rub you twat during a stage slide. I am fine with it. If you're a woman and 50 years old and you can stay gorgeous and relevant, more power to you. I actually liked texting the GIF to a lot of moms who were super pissed off about it. I wanted to make sure they didn't miss anything. I thought Shakira was amazing. I thought the show ran a little long though, maybe 3-5 minutes long. It just seemed to drag a little bit at the end.

Back to the game, I don't think Tyreek Hill gets enough credit for his route running. He's fast, he is also very quick, but his route running is very, very good. On the 3rd and 15, Mahomes (while under pressure) threw a terrible pass, but Hill was so open because of the incredible route he ran in addition to his speed. He was able to get the safety turned around and falling towards the middle when he broke that outside. The young bucks from Alabama Ruggs and Jeudy should mirror Hill's route game. Congrats to all the other board members who are Chiefs fans as well. Things look pretty good for next year. Will be interesting to see what happens with Chris Jones.

2. Iowa Caucus: Stuff is going down in the DNC. I am excited to watch the results tonight. It seems the DNC is changing debate rules for Bloomberg to get in the next debate. I am fine with that. I think that is fine. I get a billionaire is buying his way in. But if a billionaire has the money, wouldn't you rather him spend his money than to spend the money of people who are much less wealthy. If you have a problem with him spending $200M, then that's a different argument. Polls are indicating that Bernie is going to win by a good amount, maybe 5% or more. Speaking of Polls, if you didn't hear, the DeMoines Register "Final Poll" was cancelled because its results were compromised. I am excited to see Yang's performance tonight. My buddy met with him here in Dallas when he was here. Yang talked about the mathematics and what he needed to do to perform well in Iowa rather than momentum, etc. I am just curious to see someone with a different and much more analytical approach perform in this race. I like Yang. I think he is a good dude. I think his family can really shine a lot on the US. Special Needs is something we need to cover going forward and Yang has personal insight due to his son and Autism. Additionally, I don't like emotional politics or leaders. I think emotion can lead to terrible decisions from a governing standpoint and from a business point. So I like the guy who tends to use more logical decisions to prove his positions. Prediction: I see Bernie 24%, Biden 18%, Warren 15%, Pete 14%, Yang 11%, Klobuchar 10%. Then it is off to New Hampshire.

3. Coronavirus: I think this is a bigger economic deal than we are leading on. Healthwise, I don't think it is as big of deal. I think the numbers out of China aren't accurate, but those always are. And, I think the majority of the sickness will be limited to Wuhan. However, the market shutdown of 80% of China's GDP and 90% of their exports for an extended period will be an epic hit to the global economy. Right now, the shutdown is really limited for 2 weeks in China. However, the external markets are really cutting off china. Look at flights, it is impossible to get flights into or out of mainland china. Now Hong Kong is shutting down border with Shenzhen. Russia is blocking train travel (In addition to everything else). China announced injecting $171B in capital in the market this weekend. I get that the US does that every two months now, but this is someone else. China also banned Shorting their stock market and banned massed stock sell offs for 6 months. The US stock market dropped 2% on Friday, but is up this morning due to the thought, "It's ok, everyone will just print more money." Good news for you farmers, you will eventually get paid for your commodities for all this printing. Just hang in there.

4. JayZ and Beyonce sat during national anthem. I honestly don't care.

5. POTUS 2020: I kind of covered this in Number 2. It will be interesting to watch results tonight. I expect a big win for Bernie. Bernie is probably going to win New Hampshire. At that point, does he become the nominee? It will be interesting to see if Warren drops out. Bernie's rise has coincided with her fall. I thought Biden would be the nom. I don't think that right now. I don't think Biden can survive the lack of momentum until South Carolina. I can't say it is Bernie yet. I am leaning more and more to a Brokered Convention.

Reactions: Tiger Pete
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News