ADVERTISEMENT

MY TAKE ON ANDERSON'S RETURN

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
There's little question the job was shopped. If it wasn't, this announcement comes out Monday morning if not before. My info is that Rhoades explored some options and the ones he considered good wouldn't take the job. The factors are the ones we've listed here for weeks (APR, NCAA, campus unrest and, yes, in part, the roster and the ability to win quickly).

A key passage in Rhoades' statement, to me, is this: "in the coming days Coach Anderson and I will review the season in greater depth and discuss any suggested changes that could benefit the program moving forward."

Whether that's staff changes, roster changes or both (which I suspect) we'll see.

This is a tough spot. Kim goes into next year No. 1 with a bullet point on everybody's list of coaches on the hot seat. There's no question. I mean, if you feel the need to tell everybody he's coming back for another year, that means there was a legitimate question if he would. Now that he's back, he's coaching for his job in 2016-17. What's that mean? Is there a certain number of wins, an expectation of a certain postseason tournament? I don't really know right now. But to be honest, I got a hot board ready yesterday just in case I needed it, even though I didn't think we would. I'll hang on to it for the next 12 months, because as of today, I've got to think there's a decent chance it's going to be put into use at that time.

Reactions: TigerWG and vusani
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.