ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts on yesterday

hoodtiger

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2008
1. Absolutely great tailgating event put on by @GabeD and the folks from Yuengling. I met so many kind and interesting folks there. However, there was this one dude laying in the cut acting all weird. For my money, it was either @zoutiger22 or @MIZ.

2. I was able to touch base with Coach Gates and give him a few ideas to continue elevating Mizzou basketball. He was very receptive and open-minded and he now has my stamp of approval after our conversation.

3. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the crowd and how locked in and engaged everyone were, especially the first half.

4. I thought the team came out ready to play. Outside of the first drive, the offense pretty much executed the game plan and took what the defense gave them. I see folks crying about the team not taking shots down the field. Well, when the other team is playing coverage it's kind of hard to stretch the field when they're dropping 8.

5. It's ok to be disappointed that Horn didn't get the opportunity y'all felt he deserved, but it shouldn't be at the expense of dogging my boy Brady Cook. Brady was efficient, stood in the pocket, looked confident and showed that STL swagger. Horn's arm talent just stands out immediately. It must be some things he still need to work on before he's given the keys and I'm good with that. Just wish you crazies would quit thinking Drink ain't playing the QB that gives the team it's best chance at winning.

6. I want to give a shootout to Mookie Cooper. I understand what Drink was saying when he pointed out that Mookie gets it now. He probably played the most snaps at WR, but wasn't targeted outside of a couple plays. Y'all are so quick to give his spot away to Mekhi Miller. On the TD pass to Miller, the reason Miller was open was because the safety bit on Mookie's route. Cook made the right read and hit Miller for the TD. The reason you keep starting Cooper is because Miller is versatile and can come in for all the starters.

7. First game in the books, I enjoyed everything about yesterday. My dumb ass didn't take today off and now I'm at work about to die on 4 hours of sleep. @hoodtiger can't bounce back like I used to. MIZ

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News