ADVERTISEMENT

New Years Resolution

Ermey

Letterman
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2020
How about we all take a step back and realize the overall, positive trajectory of both programs and realize that Rome wasn't built over night. Maybe for New Years, we all try and take some positives out of bad situations. Instead of "OMG FIRE CM we got canned by 20", say "Wow, it's nice to actually be able to go into a game against a top 10 team and believe we have a real chance against this squad". Think about the 2015-2017 teams (up to the end of KA w/ basketball that is), and that terrible terrible feeling where there was no hope day in and day out. And think about the big picture now.

The donor money is flowing in, relatively speaking, and the football facilities are slowly but surely catching up. Basketball is competitive again. You can definitely argue the whole high ceiling/low floor, bad recruiting, etc., but isn't it nice to be able to?

I've been on these boards for a month or so now, and I've quickly learned to not dare open threads after a loss. You'd think we were about to get the death penalty or something. The fantastic articles and recruiting tidbits are what are going to keep me around. I understand that PM is full of the most passionate of passionate Mizzou fans and the point of the internet is to overreact to everything, so maybe I'm just not used to this.

I'm not looking for people to RAH RAH me back on this one, just to send a message out to all PMers from a newbie perspective who has been following Mizzou for the last 20 years. It sure is nice to be able to believe again.

Hope every one has a safe and happy New Years! Go Tigers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.