ADVERTISEMENT

NIL - Salary Cap and Transparency....

Should players pay-for play (Salary) be capped? And should team totals be public knowledge?

• Total voters

MUValjean

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2011
???
I was listening to the McCready & Siskey podcast this morning and they had a segment about NIL and transparency much of the discussion had to do with coaching effectiveness given the amount of money a coach had to work with versus other coaches (such as Pittman v other SEC coaches). One of the things they mentioned was that in the settlement, or in the next iteration of the conferences/league NIL/Salary transparency was going to be needed... but would it happen.

So the question I have, if you were able to wave a magic wand, would you prefer to have a cap on Salary (pay for play) like the NFL or a free for all like MLB, and then what about payroll transparency? And then (beyond the poll) why? (not NIL money, can't control true NIL opportunities)

In keeping with the POD discussion, without a cap, it would be easier to rank a coach and his performance if we knew the numbers he had to work with... and while NIL should be a separate deal come the next iteration of this mess, I doubt we will ever had access to those numbers since they SHOULD be private companies/individuals paying for the business/charitable use of NIL... not pay for play money.

Anyway, thoughts? Would this help when discussing coach effectiveness? Would it help in understanding team performance? Would it encourage fans/boosters to give more to pay more? Do you like a level playing field or would you prefer a get what you can and see what happens? Lots of interesting variations possible coming in the future depending how things work out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.