ADVERTISEMENT

NIL update

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
there are a lot of moving parts with the recent announcement that the NIL efforts were going to be under the University's umbrella and the ability for NIL donations to count toward TSF points and benefits. Everything is a little bit in flux there. However, if things progress as I would anticipate they will, the donations that have been made to the PowerMizzou fund at Every True Tiger Foundation will continue to be counted and go towards special exclusive benefits for you guys.

It's probably going to be a few weeks while things get worked out, but the new state law goes into effect on August 28 and I believe things will be worked out by that point in time. I can tell you that as of now, we've had more than 250 contributors and we are close to $90,000 pledged just from the people on this board. The first benefit will kick in at $100,000 pledged. With where we're at, once things are settled, I think we'll be able to make one quick push and hopefully set something up this fall for those who contribute to the fund reaching that mark. I'll also say that I was told today the athletic department has definitely taken notice of the response of the PM community on this and is impressed and appreciative.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News