ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Positive Signs

mizzou1966

Retired Number
Aug 19, 2003
HCGP was a fine coach for years for Mizzou. That said, Pinkel's decision to move the recruiting emphasis from Texas to the Southeast (mainly TN, GA, and FL) was not a good decision and has hurt our recruiting. On the other hand, I am very pleased with HCBO and the new staff to really step up the recruiting in Texas and with higher level players. Why Texas? Answer: Growth. We live in Denton. Moved here in 2000. At the time, Denton had two high schools (Denton and Ryan, both 4A and nearby Argyle used Denton schools. Currently, Denton has three 5A schools and Argyle is not just 4A, but have won a recent state championship. Growth is all over the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex. Over the past 15-16 years, the number of high schools in the Metroplex have nearly doubled. The number of players at the 4A level, and above, also have nearly doubled. Combine all this with maybe one new Division 1 football in Texas over the past 15 plus years (UT San Antonio), that means that only so many quality players can attend Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, Houston,and the lesser schools (like SMU, Rice, UNT, and UT-SA). I may have missed someone, but you get the point. How many new high schools (with quality football programs) has Missouri added in the past 15 years? I love Missouri, however, the answer is very few; especially compared to Texas. For that reason, Mizzou should continue to push the recruiting in Texas. All our home and SEC games are on TV across the state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.