Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
I understand that different people use the site in different volumes. Some are on here every day, some multiple times every day, some more sporadically. The board is very active. If you're not on here multiple times a day, you're going to miss some things. Some of the things that tend to be brought up and asked of us more frequently, I thought I'd put in a post here so people can refer to it, thus avoiding our staff having to repeat the answers on a regular basis.

How are Rivals star rankings assigned?

There's not one specific answer, but here's at least somewhat of a guideline.

How are the team rankings figured?

Exact formula is here.

When is the Chamber posted?

Most Fridays, usually by noon. If we have a Friday without one (between signing day and camp season it often becomes every other week, over the holidays or during dead periods we will skip one periodically) we will notify you on Friday morning that there isn't a Chamber that week. If we do not notify you of that on Friday morning, there will be a Chamber. Again, it is usually posted by noon, but not necessarily always. Please also keep in mind that more and more (especially in the weeks between Christmas and Signing Day) the Chamber is going to be a recap of what we have posted and passed on throughout the week. With as many outlets as there are covering recruiting and as active as a lot of these kids are on social media, the days of holding news for Friday morning are "way past dude" (ode to Stec there). So if you're one of those people that reads the site multiple times daily, the Chamber is often a one-stop shop for a lot of things that you have read on here at some point during the previous week.

How do I post a picture?

This will be much, much simpler as soon as Rivals.com's new message boards are active. But for now, refer to this document.

Speaking of those new boards, when will we see them?

I'm smarter than to give you a hard and fast date. Soon. We've been test driving them for a while, hopefully they'll be unveiled to the public in a timely manner, but I can't give you a definite date.

Why can't I play a video?

This is something that seems to have no real rhyme or reason. If you have trouble playing a certain video, I would recommend signing out and back in to your account. Also, try a different browser. I often can't play our videos in Safari but almost always can in Chrome.

Why won't a link open in my PowerMizzou app?

I don't really know. But the app is a convenience added on to your subscription. If something is wrong with it, we're trying to fix it, but at the mercy of Apple and Android as far as getting fixes pushed through. If you have problems with the app, you can access the full site, or wireless.rivals.com through your tablet, phone, etc. Go that route. Everything will work (usually). It just takes an extra swipe or click or two.

How do I access older posts?

Sadly, for right now, you don't. Our system archives only four pages. I do not know why. It is the biggest issue I have with our message boards. Again, this will be fixed when the new boards go live.

What is your email address?

Here is the info for all three of us:

Gabe DeArmond--powermizzou@gmail.com, twitter.com/GabeDeArmond
Pete Scantlebury--petescantlebury@gmail.com, twitter.com/PeteScantlebury
Brian Austin--btaustin@me.com, twitter.com/btaustin

Those are the most common questions we get. If you ask one of them, I'll likely begin linking this post in a reply which will save everyone time. If you ask another question that we have answered multiple times, we will likely refer you to this site. And, yes, that's a joke.

1643096.jpg

Reactions: BWOODY
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News