Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
I've been in touch with the owner of King Jerry Lawler's BBQ on Beale Street. It's located at 159 Beale Street. They will be the headquarters for our Memphis get together before the bowl game.

They're reserving the VIP room for us. That will probably hold about 75 people. He said if we have more than that, he'll start to rope off some tables near the VIP room for us to use. I told him I would give him an estimate on a number early next week.

HERE'S WHAT I NEED FROM YOU: IF YOU'RE GOING, RESPOND TO THIS THREAD AND TELL ME HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE IN YOUR PARTY. DO NOT SAY MAYBE. DO NOT SAY I WANT TO BUT I CAN'T. IF YOU PLAN TO GO, RSVP IN THIS THREAD WITH A NUMBER.

By next Tuesday, I want to have a pretty good idea how many people we will have. We are also talking with the Memphis Chapter of the Mizzou Alumni Association about partnering up on this (as we did with the Houston chapter last year).

I will post more details here as I work them out. What I can tell you is this: We will shoot for a 630 start time on Sunday, December 30 in the VIP room. PowerMizzou will pick up a to be determined portion of the tab to get everyone started. We will stay until everyone wants to leave or they kick us out. There will be food and alcohol. We've done these in the past and they've been a lot of fun. So if you're going to Memphis, we'd love to have you join us.

UPDATE: Those under 21 are not allowed on Beale Street past 10 pm. Should be okay up until then. Not sure it's the most kid-friendly atmosphere, but for those who have asked.

UPDATE: The King Jerry Lawler is going to be there for pics and autographs

UPDATE: PowerMizzou.com is going to front $500 for apps and finger foods. Every guest will run his own tab for alcohol and any barbecue you'd like to eat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.