ADVERTISEMENT

Public Companies Bankruptcy Watch List

ABaumli

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2005
I often look at future assets hitting the market, patents are my specialty. Took one company out of Chap 7 for $1M, sold off assets for $6.5M within 24 months.

I watch a lot of what used to be great companies that have been taken out to the woodshed by Asia, notably Chinese competitors or other companies that have been impacted by Google, MSFT, Apple, or Amazon. I watch these companies lose market cap over the years and they are no longer making profit. There are some names you recognize, there are some you don't.

1. iRobot. In Jan 2024, iRobot was unplugged from life support when Amazon acquisition deal was blocked and Amazon pulled out. Since then iRobot has been dropping in Market Cap since. I actually don't think iRobot goes bankrupt that soon, I think they can bleed for quite a while, but they sales are falling quickly. Their loan is due in 2026, so they probably easily make it til then.
  2. Comtech Telecommunication Systems - they had fleet management software systems. As trucking companies go under, I don't see CTML doing well. They are down to $84M market cap
  3. StitchFix - Their market cap is actually 60% higher than it was a few months ago. They are worth less than $500M now. I love their underlying tech, but exec turnover is not a good sign.
  4. Truth Social - yeah, I don't see this experiment lasting long.
  5. PTon - it will happen at some point, they have crazy discounts on their equipment now.
  6. CommScope Holdings - they are selling assets fast.
Who you got?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.