ADVERTISEMENT

Question regarding the bball program

mikey4796

Letterman
Feb 13, 2008
Haith wasnt the first choice. Anderson wasnt the first choice. The roster for this year was such that .500 was not likely.

Last year, we had two nba players and ross. That team couldnt make the dance. I think that says something about haiths coaching ability. What were peoples expectations for this year?

I guess my thought is that because of the roster, poor fan support, legal issues, and lack recent success that it would be hard to get a big name coach. Similarly, hard to get big name recruit. Not impossible but hard. Who would advise their kid to come to mizzou if duke was an option? Who is to say tatum would come here even if his dad or aau coach was an assistant?

With all that said, i dont understand why people are so pissed about basketball? I think that is not realistic to expect the team to make the nit this past year or to get kids with blue blood offers. A big part of recruiting is building relationships. That takes time.

Are people just pissed because they wanted someone different than Anderson or because they didn't win enough games? I guess i dont understand some people's expectations.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This post was edited on 4/12 9:58 PM by mikey4796

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.