ADVERTISEMENT

questions I have as a Mizzou fan

Mizzoufan89

Letterman
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2004
"Gabe's Seventeen Years of Turmoil" series have rekindled some of the thoughts I had buried.

I would love the back story on a few things:
1) How did Alden get away with hiring Haith? He was unqualified, dirty, and had zero credentials. Further, it seemed to go against the hiring committee. I would love to know more about that fiasco.

2) I would like to know how close we were to joining the Big 10. I don't care about an SEC vs Big 10 debate. What I recall was that Big XII was falling apart, and we were almost homeless, and then the Big 10 deal fell through. I remember sitting in my home office with a bottle of bourbon refreshing my computer screen every minute, all the while having to trust an AD I had little confidence in. I'm pretty sure he lived down to my expectation.

3) What was the real story behind Norm Stewart's departure? Can anyone really say for sure who wanted it, how it went down,and why? I would just like the facts.

4) What were the facts vs myths regarding Q Snyder at Mizzou?

I'm sure there are other big questions that many other die hard fans have, and I would love to hear them. Of course, this will probably devolve into a "Did Chase really eat the booger?" discussion or "could Pinkel whip Ditka?" debate. Still, could be some interesting questions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.