ADVERTISEMENT

Quick thoughts on the OL

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
After losing Nate Crawford (for good) and Tanner Owen (for an unknown amount of time), I understand why people are worried about the offensive line. Certainly good reason to be. But think about this:

How can it be worse than last year?

I understand two of those guys are in the NFL now. But Evan Boehm was hurt and, just being honest, didn't have a very good year last year. Connor McGovern was playing out of position and was okay. Do you believe Paul Adams is going to be worse at right tackle than Taylor Chappell? Sure, Crawford has experience, but I think people are making him into a guy that would run circles around the guy I actually saw on the field last year.

I'm not trying to run any of these guys down, but my point is, the offensive line was terrible last year. I mean, really, really bad. And, yes, the possibility exists that it's going to be really, really bad again. But it's certainly not going to be any worse than a year ago. That would be virtually impossible.

I think we (fans, media, everyone) put way too much stock in returning starters/experience. Bringing back bad players will make you experienced, but not good. Sometimes some turnover is a good thing. Maybe it won't be in this case, but I don't think it can hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.