ADVERTISEMENT

Reality

harry and david

Redshirting
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2020
After greater than fifty years of watching College Football I have recently come to a conclusion that is we are not watching College Football but Club Football or Minor League Football attached to a College.
The evidence
1.Players avoid the general campus and by in large are at a complex all day
2.Players who previously would not qualify for admission are given an IEP which is an individual education program and claim a learning disability are of course are admitted for their athletic potential
3.NCAA is a scared dog and wants to continue the money grab as a result lets players transfer at a whim teaching the lesson if things get tough-Transfer
4.A Sham Bowl season is created to recoup $
5.The same 5-6 schools dominate the playoff making the remaining 60 Division I Power 5 Schools season irrevelant
6.Fans are becoming disenchanted with this set up and attendance will continue to decline.

I was initially upset playing Iowa in a bowl after a lackluster effort against Hail State. But in reality this a like a preseason game for Drink allowing him to find weakness in his roster and get players experience. As a result he can hit the transfer portal and pick up players.

But I ask you how long can Football and Athletic Departments claim to be non-profit organizations while playing coaches millions. How can these players be legit students when they don't leave the complex, don't graduate and transfer at a whim??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.