ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting generally - Spring 2016

DeathbyTiger

Retired Number
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2002
Kansas City, Missouri
In football, for whatever reason, I am not worried about the 2017 class. My perception is that while the staff is getting out some good offers, they seem very focused on the present...installing a new offense, working hard to correct the deficiencies of last years' offense and changing some of the culture in the locker room. (I love that they are are focused more on football and less on GaryPinkle.com at this point. No offense to a coach who did great things to lift the program. But I won't mind twiddling my thumbs if there's not as much information on PowerMizzou because there is more focus and hard work within the program.) Maybe I'm looking through black and gold glasses a bit, but I think we have the pieces and the infusion of a tremendous new coaching staff that will allow us to surprise a lot of people this year. And with that infusion of energy, and the wins, I think the 2017 class is going to come together nicely. I really think BO is going to take us to the next level.

In basketball, people who have paid attention to my posts know that I have been EXTREMELY critical of KA. I still am. But although I am upset that we lost JWIII and now Namon Wright, I am impressed that the staff appears to be in on some good pieces for next year. I am not going to relent in my criticism until we get to the NCAA tournament. No one is happy with 14th place in the SEC and historically bad seasons in both KA's years, and, unlike many here, I place most of the blame on KA. But I am pleasantly surprised in the Spring of 2016, after another terribly disappointing season, that KA and staff are in on some good players. And I have some optimism about Jackson and Smith.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragarm
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.